$1 MILLION IN UPGRADES FOR COMMUNITY FACILITIES IN MID-WESTERN REGION
18 March 2019
$1 million in upgrades for 12 projects was announced this week for community facilities in Mudgee, Gulgong, Rylstone and Kandos thanks to the Federal Government’s Drought Communities Program.
The intention of these projects is to boost the community and economy during these very difficult times.
These projects will stimulate the local community by using local resources, businesses, suppliers and workers. This long list of projects will benefit the entire region for many years to come.
- Construction of outdoor camp kitchen amenities at the Mudgee Showground
- Upgrade of the existing canteen at the Mudgee Saleyards
- Installation of a new irrigation system at Rylstone Showground
- Technology equipment and furniture will be installed at the Mudgee library
- Construction of a water filtration plant that produces potable water at the Cudgegong Waters Park
- The provision of a bus and coach access to Red Hill Environment & Education Centre in Gulgong
- Safety improvements to the Rylstone Caravan Park through works and installations
- Installation of a video scoreboard, and player seating at the Glen Willow Regional Sports Stadium
- A section of the shared Kandos-Rylstone pathway between Kandos Swimming Pool and Kandos Sewerage Treatment Plant will be repaired
- Replacement of a scoreboard and the installation of discus nets at Waratah Park, Kandos
- Replacement of the field fence at Victoria Park, Gulgong
- Concreting of new footpaths at Rylstone