$14 MILLION FOR REGIONAL ROAD AND RAIL NETWORKS
20 February 2019
Member for Barwon Kevin Humphries announced this week $14,701,00 for 7 projects under the Fixing Country Roads and Fixing Country Rail programs in the Orana region.
Fixing country roads:
- Walgett Shire- Reconstruction and sealing of Come by Chance Road between Walgett and Pilliga- $6,980,000
- Walgett Shire- Reconstruction and sealing of Gundabloui Road between Collarenabri and Mungindi- $1,200,000
- Walgett Shire- Reconstruction and sealing of 6km of Gundabloui Road- Mungindi end- $1,200,000
- Coonamble Shire- Baradine Road rehabilitation- $468,000
- Coonamble Shire- Pilliga Road rehabilitation- $303,000
- Warrumbungle Shire- Flood free crossing of Billy Kings Creek on Purlewaugh Road- $1,650,000
Fixing country rail:
- Coonamble Shire- Coonamble South Siding- $2,500,000
These projects will ensure freight vehicles get to where they need to be, they improve connectivity between regional centres, state roads and freight facilities, reducing travel times, improving safety, and bring freight costs down.