Businesses can access the Orana DAMA if they are actively operating in the Orana region and meet the following criteria:
- Are financially viable and have been operating for at least 12 months
- Have no history of not meeting its obligations to employees (adverse information)
- Are looking to employ overseas workers to fill full-time positions with duties that align with one of the occupations on the Orana DAMA list (current employees on other visas may be eligible to apply)
- Can demonstrate they cannot fill the position locally with Australian citizens or permanent residents
- Can provide terms and conditions of employment to overseas workers that are in accordance with those offered to equivalent Australian workers employed in the region.
Note: The Orana DAMA is an employer-sponsored visa program and individual workers cannot apply for a visa independently.