TAKE ADVANTAGE OF SMALL BUSINESS MONTH EVENTS
16 October 2018
RDA Orana Director Megan Dixon is encouraging local small business owners and entrepreneurs to attend local events for NSW Small Business Month over the coming weeks.
All NSW councils have been invited to participate and run events for their business communities. Local Chambers of Commerce and other business groups will also hold sessions to upskill and build resilience.
Mrs Dixon said Small Business Month aims to make the Orana region one of the easiest places to start or grow a business, and I am encouraging local business owners to take advantage of the events being held here.
“All events are designed to help small business owners improve their productivity, grow their businesses and network with other businesses striving for similar goals,” Mrs Dixon said.
Events in the Orana region include:
- Digital bootcamp for digital innovators and the future in Coonabarabran
- A design thinking workshop with NSW/ACT Rural Woman of the Year Jillian Kilby in Narromine
- For Indigenous Businesses getting going and growing Dubbo Regional Council is hosting a Finding Your Passion and Creating Successful Business workshop in Wellington.
- Brewarrina Shire Council is hosting small business month celebrations
- For Finance, Business Planning and Resilience there will be a Building Better Business workshop in Bourke.
Small Business Month runs from the 1-31st of October 2018.
For more information or to register for an event go to http://www.businessmonth.nsw.gov.au/events