THE ORANA REGION’S FIRST MINING, ENERGY & TRANSPORT INDUSTRY FORUM
22 May 2019
Regional Development Australia Orana Chairman John Walkom encourages all business owners and managers from across the region to join RDA Orana on the 13th of June 2019 for the first Orana Mining, Energy & Transport (MET) Industry Forum.
Mr Walkom said, “Here at RDA Orana we are thrilled to be able to host this one-day Mining and Resources Conference, a first for the region,”
“The Orana is on the cusp of a major construction boom with over $7.9 billion worth of projects in planning, announced or underway. This forum is the perfect chance for business owners and managers to understand and hear about the supply plans and gains understanding of the opportunities available to them.
The program on the day will cover a range of topics including:
- Mining updates
- Future energy projects
- A transport industry overview including Inland Rail, XPT Fleet replacement and the Dubbo Rail Maintenance Facility
- Upcoming trends and opportunities
- Business support from EFIC (Finance for Australian Exporters), NSW Office of Environment & Heritage, Austmine and METS Ignited
“Justine Fisher from Clean TeQ will be one of our keynote speakers on the day. With more than 20 years experience in corporate communications mainly in the mining sector Justine will be discussing the start of the art metals recovery and industrial water treatment work Clean TeQ are currently undertaking,”
Other speakers will include:
- Steve Archinal from Moolarben Coal
- Peter Katz from momentum Trains
- Dr Jane Inglis from Transport for NSW
- Ross Carter from Austmine
- Michael Reznikov from EFIC (Finance for Australian Exporters)
- David Hoffman from the NSW Office of Environment & Heritage
- Professor Alan Broadfoot from the NSW Energy & Resources Knowledge Hub, and
- Clare Sykes from METS Ignited
“The MET Forum will also be followed with our State of the Region Dinner in the evening, which will be celebrating success of the spectacular business community in the Orana region,” Mr Walkom said.
Purchase tickets HERE