For a role to be eligible under the Orana DAMA, the employer business must have a physical presence in the Orana region and the activities of the role must be substantially within the Orana region.
The Orana region includes the local government areas of Bogan Shire, Bourke Shire, Brewarrina Shire, Cobar Shire, Coonamble Shire, Dubbo Region, Gilgandra Shire, Mid-Western Region, Narromine Shire, Warren Shire, Walgett Shire and the Warrumbungle Shire.
The business must:
- be a registered Australian entity and have been actively operating for at least 12 months in the Orana Region
- be able to show the capacity to employ the intended employee(s) for at least the length of the requested visa
- have a history of compliance with all relevant workplace legislation (no adverse information)
The Orana region DAR takes into consideration the needs of your workforce when considering your application. This includes factors such as:
- your current and future workforce needs to determine which occupation(s) and concession(s) requested will be endorsed under the Orana DAMA;
- how many positions can be nominated for each occupation and for each concession;
Businesses seeking to access additional overseas workers will need to apply to the Orana DAR for endorsement of additional positions.
The endorsement is valid for 1 year.